Masculine Monday #73

I was thinking the other day about what makes a masculine card masculine. There's the obvious things like beer mugs, power tools, dirt bikes, sports cars but women like those things too. Some men are into gardening and flowers so why not make them a floral card? That's when I decided that you don't need to use the stereotypical items on a masculine card. You just need to personalize it to the man that you're giving it to the same way that you would for anyone.

My daughter gave me a special request for a card for a male friend. She said he likes cats, dinosaurs and outerspace so I decided to make a cat and a dinosaur that are in outerspace. Because we knew what he likes, it made it much easier to make a card for him.



I started by making a night sky using Distress Oxide inks - Fossillized Amber, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves and Faded Jeans. I also used Juniper Mist and Midnight inks from CP Designs to finish it off. For the stars I did a few techniques. I sprayed on a little water, dried it with a towel which removes a little color. Next I mixed some white acrylic paint with a little water and splattered it on with a small paint brush. I added some actual stars with versamark ink and heat set them with silver embossing powder. Lastly I used a white Gelly Roll pen to add some more little stars.

The rest was very quick and easy. 
I used a cat stamp and die from Tim Holtz Cat Chat. The dinosaur is from a free online coloring page site. The planets and the sentiment are from Lawn Fawn's Out of This World stamp set. I used a variety of Copic markers and Altenew Artist markers to color everything in. The sentiment is heat embossed with Opaque Bright White embossing powder from WOW.

So, no matter if your card is for a male or female just remember to keep in mind who you are making the card for and to personalize it whenever possible andyou'll have success. 

My daughter told me that her friend loved the card.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


Shopping list:
stamps: Cat Chat (Tim Holtz), Out of This World (Lawn Fawn), For Everything (CP Designs), Dino (free online coloring page)
ink: Fossillized Amber, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Faded Jeans (Tim Holtz Distress Oxide)
Copic Markers: N0, N4, N6, E15, E18
Altenew Artist Markers: G554, G702, G715, WG03, S
Accessories: white Gelly Roll pen, white acrylic paint, craft foam (Michaels)

Comments