Rustic Fall at TCC

I love this weeks inspiration photo at The Card ConceptActually, I've loved them all :) but this one has a rustic feel to it and it's about Fall - two of my favorite things. 

I stamped the truck from The Journey stamp set by Tim Holtz with a Catherine Pooler ink called Juniper Mist onto some watercolor paper. 


I grabbed my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a water brush and with no idea on what I was doing I started to fill in a scene. I made a list of the colors I used so I could share them with you and then in a rare moment I had the urge to clean my my craft room and I must have thrown it out because I can't find it. I used a variety of greens, browns and grays from the pack of 48 markers.
I sponged the sky with an ink blending pad that already had some blue on it - not sure what color it was - and then sponged some Juniper Mist around the edges. I used the waterbrush to blend the blues together.
The sentimtent is from My Creative Time and is called Seasonal Greetings. The card base is a dark brown color called Early Espresso from Stampin' Up.

I have a lot to learn about creating a scene but I had so much fun creating this card and that's what creating is supposed to be about - having fun - so I decided to use it for todays challenge at The Card Concept. My favorite part of the whole card is the fence.


If you've never tried creating a scene with watercolors before I encourage you to try it. It was so relaxing.

Click HERE to see what the rest of the DT has come up with to inspire you and I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Shopping list:
stamps: The Journey (Tim Holtz), Seasonal Greetings (My Creative Time)
ink: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers (Kuretake)

Comments

Celeste Goff said…
What a gorgeous interpretation on the inspiration photo and your watercoloring is perfection!