The Card Concept is Back!


Hi Everyone and welcome back to The Card Concept's card challenge blog.
We're starting back with a fun colorful challenge - check it out below.


My clean and simple card was inspired by the fun rainbow of colors. I chose to make my rainbow go vertical and onto some to-go cups of coffee. I started back to work this week after 4 months off and knew my first day was going to be a long one. I don't drink coffee but I definitely drank a lot of tea.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper and a stamp I found in a dollar bin at Michaels. Using Catherine Pooler's Midnight ink I stamped the image in the center first, covered it with a mask and then stamped one on either side. Next I grabbed my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (I'll list the colors below), added some stripes of color and blended them with a water brush. Once it dried I added some splashes of water and dabbed it with a paper towel. I love the look of water spots on watercolor cards.

I used a couple different grey markers to add shading on the lids and below the cups.

The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's For The Love Of Latte stamp set. I stamped it with Midnight ink and popped the 'coffee' up with craft foam to give the card some dimension. I used a sponge and some more Midnight ink to go around all the edges.


Check out what the rest of the design team has come up with this week to inspire you by clicking HERE.
I look forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


Shopping list:
stamp: travel mug (Dollar bin at Michaels), For The Love of Latte (Reverse Confetti)
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: #'s .051, .050, .041, .024, .031, .083. .091 and .092

Comments

This is a beautiful card, Susan! I LOVE the beautiful blend of color in those coffee cups! That will wake you up in a good way! I am really looking forward to another new season of The Card Concept with you!
Crafty Hugs,
Michele
Pink Panoply said…
What a cheery, fun card, Susan. I love how bright your rainbow cups came out with your Zig Markers. I have some I have never used and I'm definitely going to take them out and play after seeing your beautiful card. I love the sentiment, also.
Tangii said…
I really need to use my Zig markers more!! This is just awesome-ness!!!