The Card Concept #98

I had so much fun making my card for this week's challenge at The Card Concept. I had a few different ideas but finally settled on the one that you see below.



What first jumped out at me was the background and I remembered a patterned paper that was in my stash that matched it almost perfectly. It's from a retired Stampin' Up! pack - sorry, I don't remember the name of it. I used the stitched stackable rectangle dies from Lawn Fawn to cut a panel and some craft foam to add it to the card base.
Next was the banner - I love banners! - they're so festive! And guess what was on the back of that piece I used for the panel? Yup! Triangles! So I cut out a bunch of them and put them together for a banner. 
I don't have any unicorn or fruit stamps so I settled on the 'ice creams for sale' sign as my final bit of inspiration. I used the images from the Ice Cream Dream Stamp Set from Simon Says Stamp and my Prismacolor pencil crayons to color them in. I cut them out and added some shine with a Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen before adhering them directly to the panel.
The sentiment is from the same set and white heat embossed onto black cardstock. A simple yet very effective technique.


Now it's your turn.
What in the picture inspires you?
Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team came up with HERE - I took a peek at them and all I can say is WOW!

I look forward to seeing your cards in the gallery.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Shopping list:
stamps: Ice Cream Dream (Simon Says Stamp)
accessories: pencil crayons (Prismacolor), stitched stackable rectangle dies (lawn fawn)

Comments