Masculine Monday #71


I went with a clean and layered design for this weeks Masculine Monday card.



I started by stamping the mug, covering it with a mask and then stamping the Happy Birthday sentiment 6 times. When I removed the mask to see the sentiment 'fall' behind the mug it made me smile. Is that weird? It's what I love about this technique. 


Next I took some Altenew Artist Markers and added some swipes of color over the Happy Birthday sentiments. Something to note - the markers actually smeared the sentiments a little. I was going to redo it but then I decided I liked the look. I added a little shading to the mug and the foam and then covered the mug with crystal effects.

I matted it onto a piece of black cardstock, then layered it onto some retired designer paper from Stampin' Up and finally onto the card base.

While I say this is a masculine card it could just as easily be for a woman who likes beer. 
The biggest key to making a masculine card or any card for that matter is thinking about the person you're making it for and choosing colors and images that they would like.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



shopping list:
stamps: Mixed Drinks and Five For All (retired Stampin' Up)
ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Altenew Artist Markers #'s B201, WG03, B204, Y204, G715,R101
stitched stackable rectangle dies (lawn fawn), pencil crayons (Prismacolor)

Comments