Masculine Tropically Yours

I've got another card from the beautiful Tropically Yours Stamp of Approval Collection. This time I made a more masculine card. I meant to share this with you for Masculine Monday but my brain's in holiday mode this week and missed it.

This card features the following:
- Fearless Pursuit stamp set
- Good Vibes Borders stamp set



I knew I wanted to give this card a masculine feel and I also knew I wanted to use the little stamps in the Fearless Pursuit stamp set and build a background with them. I used two ink colors from Catherine Pooler's SPA Collection (Seafoam and Stone Blue), and paired them with Over Coffee and Black Jack inks and started stamping. I didn't have a plan when I began this card. I only knew I wanted to use the hexagon stamps so I started stamping with the Seafoam green ink and no plan. Next I added the Over Coffee row and still no plan. When I added the Stone Blue row I thought to myself this is grass, sand and water so I added the Black Jack ink for the mountains and that became my plan. For some texture I stamped the hexagon stamp that is just lines over top of a few of the solid shape using the coordinating ink.

I stamped the sentiment and  the trees in Midnight Ink and then added the dots using the same 4 inks as the hexagons.


Have you grabbed your SOA Collection yet? It's only available for a few more days. 

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


Shopping list:

Comments