Masculine Monday #68 Country Livin'

I've wanted the Country Livin' stamp set from Stampin' Up ever since I first saw it. Not sure why it took me so long to purchase but I'm really glad I did. 
I used the truck for this weeks Masculine Monday card.


I stamped it onto watercolor paper and then had some fun watercoloring with Stampin' Ups watercolor pencils. I used the aqua painter brushes also from Stampin' Up to blend the pencils out. I did some very basic coloring. I started by adding a little but of color directly with the pencils where I knew I wanted it to be darker and then blended it out with the aqua painter. Start with a little. You can always add more layers of color as it dries. It's good to also leave a little without any color as I did on the fenders - this acts as highlights.

For the background I used a tree from Stampin' Ups Lovely as a Tree stamp set. First I masked off the truck with some masking paper. I used Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso markers to color onto the stamp. Next I gave it a few sprays of water and then stamped that onto the card. Hold it in place for a few seconds to help the ink grab onto the paper. I wanted the background to be a little washed out which is why I did a few sprays of water. if you don't want it as faded then add less water. I used the Early Espresso marker to add a little detail to a few of the trees.

I sponged the edges, added a sentiment, layered it all together and called it done.

I'm playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at Seize The Birthday. You've got a little bit of time if you want to play along too.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



Shopping list:

Comments

bristowmom said…
What a beautiful card! I love your watercoloring.