Masculine Monday #66

We're in the middle of a kitchen reno right now and while I was handing my husband some tools to install a cupboard an idea was formed for this weeks Masculine Monday card.
I wanted to make a toolbox full of tools but it was late Sunday night and I was pretty tired from a weekend of reno-ing. Quite a while back I made card in a box and filled it with flowers - they were all over the internet for a while. I made a few extra boxes while I was at it and saved them for a rainy day. 

First thing I had to do was cover the squares...



...with some more masculine papers. I used a retired pack from Stampin' Up! and then sponged all the edges with black ink



Next I stamped the tools from the Nailed It stamp set from Stampin' Up (sorry it's retired too), colored them with my Prismacolor pencils and cut them out with the coordinating dies.


I cut a couple wrenches, rulers, nuts and screws with silver foil paper and then started to build a tool bouquet. 


I used some strips of thin chip board to adhere the tools into the box. 
I forgot that I made the original box too big for an envelope so I opted to use some twine to tie it closed. When the recipient unties the twine it naturally falls open.

When I showed this to my husband I kind of wished I took a picture. The expression on his face made my day.

Time to go hang some more cupboards.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



Comments

susan.w said…
Exceptional masculine card, Susan. I wish you had captured that expression on you husband's face. It would have been priceless. Good on you for Up-cycle your box base.