StampNation Tag You're It Challenge


We've got a fun challenge at StampNation right now. We started with one card and someone jumps in and tags themselves to make the next card. They have 24 hours to CASE the original card and make it thier own, share it on the challenge and then someone else can jump in and tag themselves to play. 
I tagged myself this morning and dove right in and made this card.


I started with one idea and ended up with something completely different. Does that ever happen to you? It happens to me a lot!
The only thing from the original card that made it on to this one is the brown panel. To make that I sponged Icing on the Cake and Over Coffee inks over the whole piece. 
The card I'm CASE-ing has 3 strips of honeycomb along the bottom, bees and a color scheme of black yellow and white. 
I knew I wanted 3 of something on the lower portion of the panel. I started with some strips of cardstock that I had embossed with 3 different patterns and blended different inks onto but that was too much so I scrapped that idea.
Next I started on the flower.  I went with a sunflower because bees like them or at least I think they do. I inked up the images, gave them a spritz of water and then stamped them onto some watercolor paper. This I was lovin' so I continued with the leaves and then fussy cut everything out.
I opted to use linen thread for the 3 things on the bottom of the card. I wrapped it around and around so there were 3 strands and tied a bow in the center.


I kept the yellow and white, switched the black out for brown and added some green and a little orange.

This was a fun challenge and I love how my card turned out.

So, if you're on StampNation are you next?

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


shopping list:
stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), craft foam (Michaels)

Comments