Wild & Wonderful Release Day


Today is the day! 


Catherine Pooler's Wild & Wonderful Release hits her shop today and we're celebrating with a 3 day blog hop and prizes. I'm not part of the hop today but I wanted to share a card with you using a few of the new items. There's a link below that will take you to the hop.



My card features the Kaleidoscope Background stamp and the Wonderful Wildflowers stamp set with the new ink colors - Grape Crush and Limoncello.
I just realized now that my card is just like the background of the picture above.


I'll be honest with you. Purple and yellow are not colors I've ever been fond of. Until now that is. 
I paired them with Be Mine and All That Jazz and did some ink blending and OH MY GOSH!!! They blend beautifully and make some beautiful colors. It looks like I used orange, green and rich blue ink colors on the card but I didn't! Be Mine and Limencello make a beautiful soft orange, All that Jazz and Limencello make an awesome green and All that Jazz and Grape Crush make an amazing blue color. Seriously, if you are just starting out with Catherine's inks and aren't sure which ones to get (you should get them all because they are all fabulous - just sayin') I would suggest Limencello, Grape Crush, Be Mine and All That Jazz. They're beautiful on their own and they blend together to make more gorgeous colors - that's a win win in my books!

Okay, let me tell you about the card. I stamped the Kaleidoscope background stamp onto a card panel with versamark ink. I heat set it with white embossing powder and then set out to do some ink blending. After the ink blending was done I wiped the panel off with a dry cloth so as to make the white lines pop again. I added a little strip of black cardstock on either side of the panel and then adhered it to the card base.
I love how this panel turned out so much that I didn't want to cover it up so I did a simple sentiment of white embossing onto black cardstock and popped it up with some craft foam.





Now for the blog hop that's happening today.
Check out Catherine's blog HERE to start hopping along and be sure to leave comments at all the stops along the way because Catherine is offering up prizes!


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


shopping list

Comments

What a gorgeous background !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]
Susan Powell said…
Thank you very much Marjorie :)