I'm Back With Masculine Mondays

If you've been looking for my Masculine Monday cards and wondered where they were the last two weeks, wonder no more. I had surgery on my ankle a few weeks ago and have slowly made my way back into crafting. I knew I wouldn't be spending time in my craft room for a while so I prepared a pile of images that I could color while sitting in my recliner with my foot up. But my creative mojo was nowhere to be found. Not anymore though. I'm getting mobile and with that my creative energy is back.

My husband gave me this Campground stamp set by Stampendous as part of my Mother's Day gift.  I love camping and I love stamping - he couldn't have picked a more perfect stamp set :)

This card makes me want to go camping. My husband and I keep talking about buying an old trailer and fixing it up the way we want. We both think that would so much fun. 



 Whenever you're doing the masking technique you start by stamping the image you want in front. I stamped the trailer onto the card and then covered it with some masking paper that I had stamped the trailer onto and cut out. While I had the masking paper out I stamped a couple of trees and cut them out. I stamped the tree onto the card and added a mask and then stamped again and then moved the mask and then stamped again... you get the idea.
It goes pretty fast and that moment you remove all the masks and see the image is so cool.
I stamped a few stars and the sentiment and then grabbed my Altenew Artist Markers and set about coloring. 
I used the following colors;
G554, G715, G702, Y204, Y205, WG01, WG03, WG07, B201,R217.
I added some shadow to the ground with an Ebony Prismacolor pencil crayon and smudged it with my finger. 

This card makes me smile.
I love the stamp set, especially that it was a gift from my husband.
I love camping.
I love to color.
I love the sentiment.

I've got a couple more ideas for this stamp set and can't wait to put them onto some cardstock.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


shopping list
stamps: Campground (Stampendous)
cardstock: whisper white thick (Stampin' Up)
accessories: Artist Markers (Altenew), Ebony pencil crayon #14420 (Prismacolor)

Comments