The Card Concept #91

It's time for another challenge at The Card Concept and of course we've got another gorgeous photo to inspire you.





 I was inspired by the beautiful flowers and the soft blues of the dress. Even though there's not a lot of white space on this card I'm still going to call it a CAS card - there's limited layers, it's uncluttered and it was easy to make.


I stamped some of the beautiful images from Altenew's Peony Bouquet stamp set onto some watercolor cardstock with Midnight ink. It's a layering stamp set and I did use a couple of the layers on the leaves but I only used the outline layer for the flowers. I love all the detail the stamping gave me on the leaves but I was in the mood to watercolor the flowers so I skipped the layering stamps for those.  I used Catherine Pooler Design inks - Green Tea and Eucalyptus for the leaves, It's a Girl, Pixie Dust and Flirty Fuchsia for the flowers and It's a Boy and Stone Blue for the background.
The sentiment is from Altenew's Painted Greetings stamp set and it's stamped in Black Jack ink.

Be sure to check out the rest of the design teams cards HERE and I look forward to seeing your card in the gallery.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


shopping list:
stamps: Peony Bouquet (Altenew), Painted Greetings (Altenew)
paper: 140lb coldpress watercolor paper (Canson)


Comments

Susan, this flower is so bright and beautiful! I love how colorful and vivid it feels, and it looks amazing!
Tinstar said…
Gorgeous card Susan, I have this stamp set and I love how you’ve used it.