The Birthday Celebration Continues!


The Birthday Celebration at StampNation is in full swing. Today's
theme is Cards for kids and the tutorial is hosted by Crafted in Joy. I'll definitely be checking out their store!



 My card uses a stamp and die set that has been waiting very patiently on 
my desk to be inked up. I went on a bit of a buying spree not too long ago 
but I think I bought more than I have time for.  Please don't tell me I'm the 
only one that does that. Don't worry though, I'll definitely make time haha.

The stamp and die set I used is an adorable one from Lawn Fawn called 


First I sponged the sky with a variety of distress inks that I'll list below.
Next I stamped all the images on white cardstock and then had some fun 
doing some very simple coloring with my Altenew markers and cut 
them out with the coordinating dies.
I stamped a bunch of stars over the sky using some silver ink. I added the 
rocket and the astronaut with some craft foam to help give them more of a
floating look.
Lastly I popped the sentiment up with some craft foam and added some
little white stars over the entire panel.
The piece connecting the rocket to the astronaut was my daughters idea 
and it's one of my favorite parts of the card.




Before I added the little white stars this card didn't seem 'finished' to
me. Everything seemed to be floating in space but nothing was connected - 
does that make sense? The litte white stars seemed to bring them all
together.
Don't you just love the little faces on the planets!




Click HERE to check out StampNation and all it has to offer.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



shopping list:
stamps: Out of This World (lawn fawn)
distress ink: tumbled glass, salty ocean, stormy sky and chipped sapphire (Tim Holtz)
ink: starlite silver (Tsukineko)
accessories: artist markers (Altnew), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), white gel pen (Sakura), craft foam (Michaels)


Comments