Garden Flowers at The Card Concept


I do NOT have a green thumb. Mainly because I can't stand weeding. I love gardens - both flower and vegetable - but I just don't have the patience to take care of it all. Maybe when I retire.
I love the look of wild flowers in a glass jar so when I saw this week's inspiration photo at The Card Concept I knew right away which image I was going to color.


I came across this image at a free coloring page site a while back - sorry but I don't remember which one. If you recognize it please let me know so I can give credit to the right place.
I printed it out on some watercolor paper from Stampin' Up and used my Gansai Tambi watercolors to color it all in. I love how the vase turned out but looking at it now I wish I drew in some more flowers or some baby's breath and some leaves to fill it up more. 
I used some Wood Textures DSP from Stampin' Up for the background and  decided against adding a sentiment on the front. I'll add that to the inside when I send it.


Isn't the photo pretty!
How does it inspire you?

Click HERE  to check out what the rest of the DT has come up with for this
challenge. I look forward to seeing your card in the gallery.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting


shopping list:
accessories: Gansai Tambi watercolor paints (Kuretake), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), craft foam (Michaels)

Comments

Kim Heggins said…
Simply sweet card...love your jar filled with so many pretty posies!