A Merry Sketch

I've had this idea in my head all week for the challenge 
at Merry Monday and yesterday when I saw Sketch Saturday had 
sketch that matched it perfectly I knew I had to find the time
to make my card. I got up early today and went straight to 
my craft room as there's only a few hours left on the
Merry Monday challenge.



If you look close at the background I used the woodgrain
embossing folder and then added embossing paste using the 
Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says Stamps. I LOVE that stencil!!
I wanted to keep this card mostly white with a little color but
use texture to add detail. I love using burlap at Christmas in
my decorations so I thought it would be perfect for adding
some more texture to the card. 

The bird actually stamps in the other direction so I used a 
technique called mirror stamping (I think) to reverse the image.
I stamped the bird onto the back of a solid, plain stamp and then
used that stamp to stamp on the paper. I hope that makes sense.
Give it a try, it's an easy technique to do.


supplies:
all from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, early espresso
stamp sets: Forever Young, White Christmas, Christmas Carols (CAS_ual Fridays)
ink: early espresso, cherry cobbler
big shot: woodgrain EF
Falling Snow stencil (Simon Says Stamps)
embossing paste (Dreamweaver)
burlap ribbon

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

Brenda said…
Susan, thanks for visiting! I love your card. The panels for this scene is brilliant and the burlap compliments it perfectly!
laurie said…
What creative idea for the challenge! Awesome!
chrissy xx said…
Your colours, design and image are GOrgeous.
I Love your burlap and sentiment too.
Chrissyxx
Carol said…
You've made a fabulous job of this Susan, love it. Carol x
Bonnie said…
You know I love the embossing, Susan, and that strip of burlap is a brilliant way to add even more texture! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!
Karren said…
Beautiful card, Susan! I love all the little details you've added - they really add so much interest. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.
Kath said…
A lovely card with lots of details - I especially like the burlap. Thank you for joining us at this week's Merry Monday challenge.
Kath (Guest Designer)
Oh WOW is this ever gorgeous!!! Love this wintery scene and the texture you've achieved on this while still keeping it quite clean! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!