Lotus Love

Do you ever have one of those stamps that take longer than 
others to figure out? The Lotus Blossom was that one for me!

This is a 3-step stamp. I could get the first two to look good 
but when I added the third - I just didn't like it - frustrating!
Then I remembered seeing somewhere (probably on Pinerest)
someone did a 2 or 3 step stamping technique but on the 
last step they embossed with clear embossing powder. 
I thought I'd give it a try...

...and I absolutely LOVE it!!!!




I used perfect plum and wisteria wonder. When I heat set the
clear embossing powder it made the colors look richer - it made the
perfect plum look very similar to blackberry bliss. Plus
with the third step being embossed I was able to sponge my 
background - this would be a great technique for a one
layer card but I decided to cut this piece down and put a
piece of blackberry bliss card stock in behind.

This was a fun card to make - and easy too! 
The best kind!

supplies:
all from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, blackberry bliss
stamp set: Lotus Blossom
ink: wisteria wonder, perfect plum, old olive, pear pizzazz,
      soft sky, pool party, pacific point
big shot: delicate designs EF, sm stitched rectangle stackbles (lawn fawn),
   celebrations die (Penny Black)
embossing powder: clear

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

Fabulous card Susan, the image is so beautiful.

Love and hugs
Maarit
Bananastamper said…
This is stunning!! Love how it turned out!
Shanna :)