Thanks a Latte

I saw this sketch last week over at CAS(E) this Sketch! and 
instantly had a few ideas.



It's rare that I use something other than white for a card base 
but lately I've been drawn to the color gray so I thought I would
try it and I have to say - I like it.


I also like how the detail on the white which was made by using the 
Zig Zag embossing folder from Stampin' Up! works with the
pattern on the dsp. 

What I would change would be the mugs. I would have layered
the dsp onto card stock and then pieced together so they would
be thicker and then place them on the card using dimensionals.

I have a few thank you cards to make so I'll try that on the next one.


supplies:
all from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, smoky slate
dsp: park lane
stamp set: Hot, Hot, Hot (Fresh Squeezed Stamps)
ink: memento black
big shot: zig zag EF
embellishments: homemade enamel dots


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

Jen Mitchell said…
Love the zigs and zags on your card. The colors and patterns are so fun!
Bonnie said…
The gray makes a great base, Susan! I've been using a lot of Crumb Cake (kraft) for bases lately! Love your coffee cups!
Unknown said…
I love this design. Interesting use of the patterns and colors. This is definitely my "caffeine" fix.... :)

Ren
Susan Powell said…
Thank you ladies :) Your comments are very sweet and I appreciate them very much!
Leigh Penner said…
Oh, this is wonderful! Fabulous take on the sketch!