Colour Me Retro


Today is one of 'those' days. I haven't been able to get
my act together - I've been late to everything today. Time for a cuppa
chai tea and some quiet stamping time.

I love the color challenge at Colour Me...! this week. Coastal Cabana
and Hello Honey with a neutral. I chose to pair them with Crumb Cake and
Whisper White.  The sketch at Retro Sketches this week was intriguing to
me because it was a square card and that is not something I ever do.


I am loving my Bordering Blooms stamp set from Stampin' Up! It's so versatile.
 I've been using it for so much more than borders on a card. 

I didn't have any dsp left with those colors so I made my own by using  
two of the border stamps to create the background - I love how it
turned out. I did have some hello honey colored cardstock and dsp. I 
combined that with some crumb cake and used my Autumn Accents die
to make some leaves. I crumpled them up and sponged them up a little,
tied them with some baker's twine, stamped a greeting with coastal
cabana and then called it a day.


Time now for another cuppa chai!


supplies:
all from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, crumb cake, hello honey
dsp: lullaby
stamp set: Bordering Blooms, Birthday Wish (Stampendous)
ink: coastal cabana, hello honey, crumb cake
big shot: autumn accents die


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


Comments

Deepti said…
This is so pretty !! The leaves look awesome on that BG :)
Sue said…
Hi Susan, I love how you made your own background and those leaves are fab, they look so real!
Unknown said…
Gorgeous card for the fall!!! Wonderful use of our colours :) Thank you so much for taking the time out to share with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope you will be back soon!!!
Unknown said…
Wonderful how you created your own background, Susangail! And the fall leaves are so pretty, too! Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team