Birthday Blooms



I got 9 hours sleep last night!!! That's unheard of for me.
I am energized and ready to go!!

I made this card for the Colour Me...! challenge.



When I first saw this challenge I wasn't sure what to do. You all know 
that I'm not a big fan of yellow. I have been trying to use it more and it
is growing on me but I wasn't sure what to do for the challenge. 

Yesterday I got a package in the mail...yup... new stamps!!! YIPPEE!!
I ordered the Bordering Blooms from Stampin' Up! thinking it can
be used for more than just borders on a card. I knew right away that
I wanted to use it on this challenge. The individual flowers on one of the
 border stamps fit perfectly into a punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punches.
 I paired those with the Petite Petals - also from Stampin' Up!
 I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

When I first started making cards, I NEVER did CAS ones. All that white
space made me panic - it screamed at me 'you're not done!!'.  But lately
that's my 'go to' style and I'm loving it!  You'll still be seeing all styles of cards
on my blog as I love them all and would never be able to give up one
for the other...completely.

supplies:
all from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white
stamp sets: Bordering Blooms, Petite Petals, Birthday Wish (Stampendous!)
ink: daffodil delight, soft suede
punch:petite petals, itty bitty shapes 
embellishments: basic pearls

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

Lynn Fletcher said…
Susan, this is just gorgeous! It looks so elegant even with all the white space. I wouldn't add one more thing to it than what you have already on it. You are so talented! TFS! :)
Susan Powell said…
and you are so incredibly sweet Lynn!! Thank you for your kind words!!
I love all those blooms...
Unknown said…
So pretty, Susangail! I think you and yellow might become friends, after all :) This card is totally wonderful.

Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team
Sherrie M. said…
Such a beautiful border of flowers. So lovely. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me...! this week and hope to see you in the gallery again soon.