Merry Monday Challenge #109

My card today is for another fantastic challenge over at 
This week the challenge is to use a flower(s) on your Christmas project.
These challenges have been so much fun to do and the added bonus is
that I have a big jump start on all my Christmas cards. YAY!


I had all kinds of ideas for this challenge but in the end I decided to keep 
it simple and do a OLC. I pulled out an oldie but a goodie - the Bells & Boughs 
stamp set and paired it with last years Christmas Messages - both are from 
Stampin' Up.


I was originally going to use whisper white but I didn't have my glasses
on and I grabbed very vanilla by mistake.
After I stamped the flower image I decided to emboss the greeting in early
espresso. There were a couple of smudges so I cut it down and 
decided that I would use early espresso for the card base and as a 
layering piece.
So much for the OLC - but I was liking how this was turning out. 
I did feel it was needing something so I stamped the image again, cut out the
flowers and added them with dimensionals.
OK - now I'm done!


It surprises me some days how I can start a card with one idea and end up
with something else.

supplies:
card stock: very vanilla, early espresso
stamp sets: bells & boughs, Christmas messages
ink: cherry cobbler, always artichoke, early espresso
        versarmark
embossing powder: early espresso


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!





Comments

Kristie Goulet said…
I LOVE how your card turned out, Susan. It would have been beautiful as a OLC but I just love this. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!
Bonnie said…
This turned out beautifully, Susan! I've grabbed the vanilla instead of white more than once. I blame it on the light. Can't be my eyes!? Love the sentiment and the Early Espresso was a perfect choice! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!
anja curvers said…
Wow this is really lovely.
Notes by Nina said…
Lovely card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.
Karren said…
Beautiful! I love the popped up poinsettias - it adds a whole new dimension to this fab card. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.
Julie B said…
That's a great stamp, I think it works really well. Happy accidents are often the best designs!
Linda said…
This is lovely .... really CAS. xx
Karen Davis said…
So gorgeous Susan, I love the 3d Flowers and the lovely clean design. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!