Let's Get Nautical!


I've made very few nautical cards over the last 10 years - Only two that I
can think of. It's not a style I've ever embraced - but lately I've been seeing 
all kinds of nautical cards over at StampNation and I have found myself 
drawn to them more and more. 

This card was inspired by one card in particular that was made by a member of
StampNation. Her name is Jean and she is very talented lady.
Check out her blog - Right as Rain - to see the card that inspired this
one and to see so much more.


I own one, just one, nautical stamp set and that is The Open Sea from
Stampin' Up. I only used the anchor from the set, I thought about using more
but I thought I'd ease into the whole nautical theme idea.


I decided to use the Hardwood background stamp as it made me think
of 'walking the plank' - that's nautical right? lol

It's not often that I leave a card base so untouched - I didn't even sponge
 it (gasp!) -but it was one of the things that drew me to Jean's card so I
left it alone.
I don't have any nautical greetings but the 'hey there' from Just Sayin'
sort of sounded a little like 'ahoy there' so I went with that.

I just may have to buy myself a nautical themed stamp set yet!

supplies
card stock: basic gray, smoky slate, whisper white,
     midnight muse
stamp sets: the open sea, hardwood, just sayin', tape it
inks: smoky slate, midnight muse, real red
big shot: argyle EF
punch: artisan label

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



Comments