Red, White and Pink

The other day I was doing some research on the computer
(aka - avoiding the paper I need to write for a course I'm taking)
when I stumbled across a stamping blog that caught my eye.

The blog is called Try Stampin' On Tuesday and their
challenge for the week was to use red, white and pink on
your card combined with a sketch.

Red and pink are not colors I tend to gravitate to so I 
thought this would be a good challenge for me to try.

Here's my card for the challenge -


This is the sketch we were to use


While my card doesn't follow the sketch exactly, I think
you can see how it did inspire my card.

I had a lot of fun making this card and playing along
with this challenge.


supplies:
card stock: whisper white
stamp set: too kind
ink: raspberry ripple, cherry cobbler, primrose petals, 
       melon mambo, wild wasabi, basic black
big shot: honeycomb EF
embellishments: cherry cobbler baker's twine, pearls

Happy Stampin'

Comments

Kathy S said…
Hey Susan, I'm glad you found us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. I hope you will come back and join us for many more sketches in the future. I love the way you embossed the back panel of your card. I wondering if you used a die to emboss the panel using a embossing pad. Thanks, Kathy (DT).
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Kathy :) For the panel I used an embossing folder from Stampin; Up! called Honeycomb. These are used with Stampin' Ups' big shot, the multipurpose platform and cutting pads.
Darnell said…
Whoa, Susangail! My jaw is hanging open! This card not only NAILS the challenge, but the coloring is soooooper gorgeous! Well done! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell
Susan, for not using using red or pink much your card sure is lovely! I love the sponging you did and the embellishments you used too. Glad you found us here at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and played along with us.
Sara H.