Color Challenge


I have always struggled with color. I tend to gravitate to the earthy, 
natural colors. In my house, in my wardrobe and in my crafting. 
Pink, yellow, orange...anything bright is not something you will see around 
me. One of the challenges I gave myself this year was to change that.
While I haven't completely embraced the brights,
I have given them a little hug.


I've decided the best way for me to use more color is to combine 
it with a neutral and use it in smaller portions.

Today's card uses coastal cabana and strawberry slush. I paired them 
with baked brown sugar and lots of white. I'm very happy with how 
this one turned out. It has lots of texture and the colors actually 
make me smile. I was trying to decide on whether or not I should use
stars or flowers on this card. I couldn't make up my mind, so
I used both. 

supplies:
card stock: whisper white, coastal cabana,
    strawberry slush, baked brown sugar
stamp sets: perfect pennants, sketched birthday
    petite petals, flower shop, gorgeous grunge
ink: coastal cabana, strawberry slush, baked brown sugar
punches: petite petals punch, pansy punch, 
    scalloped tag topper punch
big shot: argyle EF, scallops EF
embellishments: whisper white baker's twine

Happy Stampin'

Comments