Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Leftovers Anyone?

My card today was made from leftover pieces that were
scattered all over my desk.


I made that decorative label with the little chevron pattern on it
months ago for another project but never used it. I came across
it about a week ago and set it on my desk. As I was cleaning up from
a day of card making and putting the unused pieces in a pile with the
chevron piece, I noticed that they all went together. 
So, I made a card.


The only thing I made for this card were the little flowers. I had a
piece of leftover whisper white card stock that was sponged
with Pacific Point. I loved how it looked against all the neutrals 
and the punch was sitting on my desk, so I used that for the 'pop' 
of color.  The bow was already tied onto the button. 
There's a bit of a circle theme going on with this card that I didn't
notice until just now.


Everything for this card was literally sitting on my desk. The funny
thing is, of all the cards I made that day this one is my favorite.

So, you know that pile of leftover pieces you have, and I know
you have one, we all do. Have a look through it and challenge
yourself to make a card with only the things you find in that pile.
If your pile is anything like mine, you could be making cards for 
days. 

supplies:
all from Stampin' Up unless noted
card stock: whisper white, crumb cake
dsp: fresh prints dsp pack
stamp sets: oh hello, faux veneer (altenew)
ink: early espresso, baked brown sugar, pacific point
embellishments: antique brads, brushed bronze button, 
     basic pearls, linen thread
punches: decorative label, 1 3/8" circle, petite petals
big shot: script hello (mama elephant)

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love it when you find something already made?! Love all the elements on this, especially that spotty background!

    ReplyDelete