Catherine Pooler's Kind of Batty Release Day is Here!



Catherine's lastest release hits her shop today! And no suprise - IT'S AWESOME!
Stamps, Inks and Dies oh my!
You can see all the products HERE
We're celebrating with a 3 day blog hop and today is day 1. I'm not on the hop today but I made so many cards with this release that I thought I'd share a few with you. 

Let's get started.

This first card features the following:


I started by painting a striped background with the neutral inks onto watercolor paper - love the new additions to this collection! While I had the neutrals on my desk I thought why not stamp some flowers and leaves - not traditional colors but that's what makes stamping so fun, you can do what you want. I stamped the sentiment with Sand Castle ink and touched the bottom of it into the Icing on the Cake ink. A little bit of sponging on the edges and this one's done.

My next card for today features:


More neutrals! Did I mention I love them? I do!
I stamped with Sand Castle, Over Coffee and Icing on the Cake for the smaller leaves and Twilight, Black Jack and Midnight for the larger leaves. I very lightly sponged Twilight and Black Jack ink over top and then layered it onto some Midnight card stock and then onto a white card base. The sentiment is simple (gorgeous font!) in Midnight ink, sponged and then mounted onto a Midnight banner. A little bit of linen thread wrapped around a few times and then tied into a simple bow to finish this one.


This next card features:


This card uses a 2 of the 4 layers of one of the flower images from the Rose Garden Stamp set. I smooshed some ink onto my craft mat, gave it a few sprays of water and then dipped the stamp into that. When stamping it onto the watercolor paper hold it in place for a few seconds longer than you would normally so as to help it set into the paper. I stamped a few leaves in the same way, added a few ink splatters and stamped the sentiment with Icing on the Cake ink using my MISTI (watercolor paper isn't smooth and it can take a few times to get good coverage). I used a die from the Postage Stamp Dies to cut the panel and then mounted it onto a Sand Dunes card base.


And finally (for today) this last card features:



When I first saw the Who's There? Cover Plate I was unsure of what I was going to do with it. I set it aside and when I looked at it again later I noticed the Spider Web Background Stamp and went A-HA!  A bunch of creepy spider eyes staring at you from a spider web! I grabbed some Midnight card stock and went to work. First I used the cover plate to cut the eyes, then I stamped the web with versamark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I used a neon pencil crayon to color the card base in the areas where the eyes would be and then added the panel with craft foam to the base. A few sentiment pieces stamped with Midnight ink and sponged with Blackjack and one cute little spider (yes, I said cute, this is the only way that spiders are cute!), and this one is finished.

That's it for me today. I've got more for you tomorrow so I hope you'll come back again.

But now it's time to start hoppin'!
Check out Catherine's blog HERE to get started. Be sure to leave comments along the way because Catherine is giving away 
a $25 gift certificate to her store to three lucky commenters.


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



Shopping list:

Comments

Kim S said…
Totally in awe of your neutrals! Even your striped background is stunning and those layered leaves are lovely! (The eyes peeking out of the spider web are perfect too!)