Back to Basics Sale at CP Designs

Hi Everyone!
It's that time of year when students, teachers and staff are all getting ready to go back to school. To celebrate, Catherine Pooler is having a back to basics sale on three new stamp sets as well as some ink, paper, her amazing blocks and more. You can check it out HERE.



These three stamp sets will cover a multitude of occasions. 


Using just these stamps,  Skylight and Seafoam ink from her Zen Garden Spa Collection and Sand CastleTwilight and Midnight inks from her Neutrals Collection I made a set of cards. I have a couple to share with you today and some more later in the week.

My first card is a Christmas card. I inked up the trees using Seafoam and Sand Castle ink and stamped them in a little cluster. The little stars on top are stamped with Twilight and the snowflakes are stamped with Skylight using the second generation technique. This is where you ink up your image, stamp it once lightly onto scratch paper and then stamp it onto your card. This technique allows you to get more range of color from your inks. 


I finished it with a sentiment stamped with Midnight ink and then using a blender pen I added a bit of shading under the trees using the Twilight ink.



My next card is a bouquet of birthday balloons. Using the same inks I listed above I stamped the Happy circle image and then added a few more circle images from the same set. I stamped one of the Happy circles onto some scrap card stock, cut it out and popped it up with some craft foam for a bit of dimension. I inked up the Birthday stamp with Midnight ink and added it to the bottom of the bouquet. To finish it off I used a thin black marker and drew on some balloon strings.


That's it for my cards today. I'll have more tomorrow and the next day.

Below are links to some friends blogs with more cards made with these same stamp sets. These are not linked like a blog hop so to see each one you need to visit from my page.


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



Shopping list:

Comments