Masculine Monday #43



The idea for this week's Masculine Monday card came about from some
conversations my husband and I have been having lately about retirement 
and travelling. We plan on travelling in a truck and trailer, not a fast sports 
car but wouldn't that be fun to do!

I was inspired by a card I saw on StampNation that a member had made.
She used 6 shades of gray for her floral card - so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration Susie. 
I didn't use as many as her but there's a few.
I started by adding some black metallic texture paste onto some basic gray card stock using a Tim Holtz stencil.
Next I stamped the racing car with some silver pigment ink from Tsukineko, covered it with silver embossing powder, heat set it and then added some lines using a white gel pen.

I added some silver metallic thread between the two layers and then for the
sentiment I went with some stickers from Tim Holtz Big Chat collection.



With the colors I chose (or the lack of color), the texture from the paste this
card leans to the clean and graphic card style which (I think - I'm not very good 
at classifying the style - I don't tend to think about that when I'm making a 
card - I just  make the card lol)

Regardless, the neutral colors and the graphic style lends itself quite 
nicely to masculine cards.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


supplies:
stamps: Need For Speed (SU retired)
ink: Platinum Planet (Tsukineko)
paper: whisper white thick (SU), basic gray (SU)
accessories: black metallic texture paste (Heidi Swapp), bubble stencil (Tim Holtz), silver metallic thread (SU), silver embossing powder (SU), Big Chat stickers (Tim Holtz), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), craft foam (Michaels)

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products 
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments

Susan said…
I love the card, and it would definitely be fun to drive. Still, give me a truck and a trailer or 5th wheel every time! My DH and I did the 5th wheel and truck for the last 5 years of his life, and it was fabulous. We went where we wanted, when we wanted, stopped as long as we felt like it, turned left or right as the nickle flipped and really enjoyed seeing this wonderful country and meeting so many friendly people. There's no adventure that can match it. Have a great time! (dezertsuz on Stamp Nation)
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Susan :) Your trip sounds like it was fantastic with a lot of wonderful memories.