Dear Santa...

This week at Christmas Card Challenges it's all about cookies.


One of my favorite things to do at Christmas was baking with our 
daughters and watching them choose (very seriously) which cookies were to
be saved for Santa. They have a special plate and mug that was set out 
every year just for him. And of course they was always carrots for 
the reindeer.

Our youngest is almost 19 so we haven't set out cookies and carrots in a long time but we still have the mug and plate set. 

I found a free coloring page on line that fit my memories perfectly.
I colored it in with my Prismacolor pencil crayons, cut it out with a tag die,
popped it up on top of some Christmas DSP from a retired SU pack. (I'm determined to use up all my designer papers before I buy more). I heat embossed the sentiment with white EP onto crumb cake card stock. The 
tiny red hearts are from the same die set that the tag and the DSP are 
cut from.

A pretty easy card. The coloring takes a bit of time but it's always so relaxing and enjoyable that it never feels like it takes me long to color an image.

Anyone else craving sugar cookies right now?





Now it's your turn.
Check out the rest of the DT's cards HERE and I hope you're inspired
to join us.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


supplies:
stamps: CL722 (Hero Arts)
digital image: free coloring page (Raisingourkids.com)
ink: versamark
paper: Whisper White Thick (SU), Crumb Cake (SU), Cherry Cobbler (SU), dsp (Retired SU), 
accessories: pencil crayons (Prismacolor), Tags Etc Dies (CP Designs), white embossing powder (SU), twine (dollar store), craft foam (Michaels)

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments

Amy Seigler said…
Great card Susan! We used to put cookies and milk out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer too! My husband took powder and had the wood that wasn't used sprawled around to make it look like Santa made a mess coming in. It's one of my fondest memories of my son who is 19 years old now.
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Amy :) Such wonderful memories!