More Fun with Cas-ual Fridays!




You may have noticed that I've been using the Pretty Posies stamp set 
from CAS-ual Fridays quite a bit recently. I can't seem to get enough of it.
The flowers look fantastic colored or left alone as a b&w image so for this 
card I did a bit of both.

To begin I stamped the images in versamark and then heat set it with clear embossing powder.

I've never colored on black card stock before but I remembered hearing a 
tip that you should color the image with white first and then add your color. 
I'm not sure where I heard that but it's a great tip!

Originally I was going to color the edges of the flowers with another color 
but I like how leaving them white helped to connect them to the b&w image.

I think I'll try coloring on other dark colored card stock - 
I like the look it gives.

The sentiment is from a fun stamp set that was designed by CAS-ual Fridays exclusively for one of Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval collections.
It's called Young at Heart and you can find it HERE


I'm playing along with the following challenges:

Seize the Birthday - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes #256

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

supplies:
stamps: Pretty Posies (CAS-ual Fridays), Young at Heart (SOA)
ink: versamark
paper: whisper white thick (SU), basic black (SU)
accessories: clear embossing powder (SU), white embossing powder (SU), 
                   pencil crayons (Prismacolor), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), 
                   white gelly roll pen (Sakura), craft foam (Michaels)


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963


Comments

Mac Mable said…
Yes loving the stamps and love that you can colour them or not and such a fun idea to do both on this eye catching card x
Nancy said…
INCREDIBLE! WOW! So impressed with this card! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday...we really so appreciate it!
AO Creations said…
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, good luck!!! Amy DT
Greta said…
Fun & beautiful! Those flowers really are wonderful!
Shylaashree said…
beautiful stamping and love the colourful focus. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations