Masculine Monday #26

I've been reorganizing my craft room (again! -  I think I may have finally hit on something that will work) and I came across some things that never made it onto a card. I decided to make a pile of those things and by the end of my summer break, they will ALL have been used and not tossed.

Here's the first card using some of those items.




This card uses 3 items from that pile. 
The frame, the black background piece and the truck which wasn't colored.

I knew I was going to use the frame because it's typically NOT what I would
reach for when making a masculine card and I wanted to challenge myself to use it.
I made that background piece months ago with some metallic texture 
paste. Not sure why I didn't use it because I love how it turned out. 
The truck was stamped months ago as well but sat uncolored until last night.

But last night, they all seemed to work together.
Its a clean and layered card with a simple color scheme and some texture.
These are things that will work on any card but they definitely work
on masculine cards.

Who else has a pile of items that didn't make it onto cards?
I challenge you to use as much of that pile as you can over the next
2 months.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white thick, basic black
stamp set: Loads of Love (retired), Keep on Truckin' (Taylored Expressions)
ink: versafine onyx black (SSS)
pencil crayons (Prismacolor)
accessories: Mod Squared Stencil (CP Designs), Black Metallic Texture Paste (Heidi Swapp),
                   stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), Stitched Shape Framelits, crystal effects,
                   craft foam (Michaels)

Comments

Barb Ghig said…
Very cool masculine card, Susan! I love a red truck, and yours looks amazing with the B&W background pattern! Great sentiment, too!