Make a Wish and a Message


This was one of those challenges that as soon as I saw the cue card I knew
what I was going to do. The cue card at CASology is wish and I thought it 
was perfect for a card that's been on my mind to make.




I die cut a circle in some card stock to use like a stencil. I grabbed some fun distress ink colors and set about sponging the background. Originally it was just going to be a few at the top of the page but I couldn't seem to stop sponging on the colors. 
I stamped the sentiment and the candles and then something happened that almost made me throw it out. When I wiped the surface where I was sponging I missed a spot and when I turned the piece over to add some craft foam I set it in some ink. ugghhhh

I let it sit overnight and when I came back to it this morning I decided not to throw it away. I decided to add some sequins and some shimmer to the candles in hopes to distract from the ink. 

And now for my message:

Me telling you all this probably defeats the purpose of distracting from the ink but what I wanted to get across is this - don't give up on cards when you make a mistake, more often than not there's a way to make it work. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and if you stress out too much about everything being perfect then you're missing out on the fun.


Now I need to make some tea and go check out all the cards the DT made and all the entries too.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white thick
stamp set: Bring on the Cake (Sugar Pea Designs), Birthday (Recollections)
Tim Holtz distress inks: tumbled glass, dusty concord, worn lipstick, twisted citron, shaded lilac, broken china
ink: versafine onyx black (Tsukineko)
accessories: metallic sequins, sparkle pen (Spectrum Noir), stictched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn) 
                   craft foam (Michaels)

Comments

Nana Griffin said…
Cool! Looks great to me.
KimCreate said…
Thanks for the reminder not to worry about every little ink spot! The sequins definetly make it good enough to give to someone. Perfection is not required!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Kim :) It's something I still need to remind myself of at times.
Sherrie M. said…
Great advice Susan! Didn't even notice those mishaps you mentioned. Your card is so pretty and I love all the colors. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.
Susan Powell said…
Thanks very much Sherrie :)
Rachel Bergfeld said…
Didn't even notice it until you pointed it out! Just love this colorful background! Thanks for playing along with CASology!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Rachel :)