Gelato Anyone?

I'm sorry. Did you think I meant gelato ice cream? 
No, I meant an art medium called gelatos from Faber-Castell. 
An amazing and very versatile product!
You've got to check them out!


There's some incredible classes this summer at StampNation and the first
one is on gelatos. I was so inspired by the techniques that were shared
that I couldn't to get my gelatos out and play.



I decided to try watercoloring.
I used Iced Rose for the flower petals and Gold Champagne for the center. 
I have the set below but there are sooooo many more colors. I believe there
are 68 colors in total. I had so much fun painting with the gelatos that
I do have and I CAN'T WAIT to get more and try other techniques!



Gelatos come in tubes like chapstick. I sliced some off the end and
put it onto a clear stamping block. Next I used a watercolor brush and
added some water to mix it up and then had some fun painting.

There's a bit of a shimmer to the colors that I used but unfortunately it doesn't show as well in the photos as I'd like.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white thick, basic black, watercolor, vellum
stamp set: Sentiment Collection (Penny Black), Blended Bloom (retired)
ink: memento tuxedo black, versamark
gelatos: Iced Rose and Gold Champagne (Faber-Castell)
embossing powder: whisper white
big shot: stitched stackable rectangles(lawn fawn), So Detailed Thinlits (retired)
basic pearls
craft foam (Michaels)


Comments