Masculine Monday #3 (on Tuesday)

Oops - I'm a day late. 
I was out of town for the weekend and it threw me completely off my schedule. I woke up this morning and all of a sudden remembered that I had forgotten about Masculine Monday.

So, since I was unprepared but wanting to keep to my schedule, (or close to it), I'm using a card I CASE'd from The Little Paper Tree blog. You can see the 
original card here.


The stamp set is called Bottleful Of from Altenew. There's also a coordinating die set for it. This was one of those sets that when I saw it used the first time I ordered it right away. I thought it would be perfect for masculine cards - or for any person who enjoys a cold beer.

I stamped the bottle onto some watercolor paper and grabbed some distress
inks from Tim Holtz and did some watercoloring. I remember thinking during the
process that this was going to end up in the garbage, but I stuck with and kept
playing with the colors and ended up loving the results. After that, I had no 
idea on what to do for the card so I did what a lot of us do - I searched pinterest for some ideas. That's when I came across the card made by the mother daughter team at

I brushed on some smoky slate ink for the background by swiping the ink pad directly on the paper, stamped the sentiment repeatedly and popped the bottle up on dimensionals. I kept the label very simple - aged it up a bit with some black soot distress ink as I didn't like how stark it looked against the bottle.
All in all a pretty easy card to make - and fun to - I love playing with watercolors and watching the ink move around.

I would love to hear your thoughts on masculine cards. What you struggle
with, what works for you, questions you may have, techniques you'd
like to see done - anything at all. Please share them in the comments below
or email me at greetingsfromsusan@live.com and I'll do my best to bring
you some answers or suggestions.

Happy Stampin' 
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: watercolor paper, whisper white, basic gray, basic black
stamp set: Bottleful Of (Altenew)
inks: smoky slate, memento tuxedo black
Tim Holtz distress inks: evergreen bough, peeled paint, iced spruce, black soot
big shot: stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn)
dimensionals

Comments

lostinpaper said…
I agree, this bottle is perfect for masculine designs. Your card is fabulous, love the modern watercoloured look and how you have repeated the sentiment on the side, it really adds something special!