Simon Says...

Simon Says: Happy Birthday!
They are 7 years old and are celebrating with a birthday card
challenge at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge blog.



I've been eager to ink up the Ice Cream Dream stamp set lately
so when I saw this challenge earlier today, I knew exactly what
I was going to do.
The dsp is from the pile of scraps on my desk that I'm trying to
use up. I don't know that I've ever stamped and embossed on
dsp before but I like the result. I used the Black Sparkle embossing
powder by Ranger for the first time - LOVE that stuff! 
I was originally going to use a white card base but then I thought 
why not go for it and add another pop of color.


The picture doesn't show it very well but I used a Spectrum Noir
Sparkle pen on parts of the ice cream. I finished off the card 
with some baker's twine and some sequins.

Happy Birthday Simon!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white, basic black, watermelon wonder
dsp: retired
stamp set: Ice Cream Dream (Simon Says Stamp!)
ink: versamark, memento tuxedo black
big shot: small stitched rectangle stackables (lawn fawn)
watercolor pencil crayons (Prismacolor and Crayola)
black sparkle embossing powder (Ranger)
basic black baker's twine
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
sequins (Dollar Store)
fun foam (Michaels)

Comments

Virginia L. said…
SWEET! Love the coloring and your use of sentiment, Susan! GREAT use of SSS Stamp set for the birthday card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge! Happy to see your entry :)
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Virginia Lu :)
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Virginia Lu :)