Freshly Made

When I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches I knew right away 
that I wanted to use embossing paste. I used the Tim Holtz bubble 
stencil and applied the embossing paste that I mixed with some 
Tim Holtz peacock feathers distress ink. I love how it turned out.


I love that this card is simple and fun but I have to say that
the ribbon is stressing me out. I wanted to switch it out for some 
linen thread but my daughter made me leave it. She said it looked
nice and that it's out of my comfort zone which is why it's
bothering me. I may just have to make another one with linen thread.

I popped the Koala and the flower up on dimensionals, added
some glossy accents to the nose and the center of the flower, stamped
the greeting, added a few pearls and it's done.


If you haven't joined in the challenge yet - what are you
waiting for! Check it out!

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, Neenah solar white 110lb
stamp set: Kind Koala, A Dozen Thoughts
ink: memento black, melon mambo
blendabilities: crumb cake, melon mambo
Tim Holtz: bubble stencil, peacock feathers distress ink
1/4" melon mambo cotton ribbon
basic pearls, embossing paste


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!



Comments

Linda Callahan said…
Love that embossing paste! Cute card!
Carol said…
This is so cute Susan,love the colour combo. Carol x
Jen Mitchell said…
Listen to your daughter! The ribbon looks fantastic and matches the sweet flower! What a fun take on the sketch - I love the dyed embossing paste! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Jenelle said…
That koala is adorable and I love your take on the sketch! Super cute!
Jen Timko said…
Yep, love the ribbon too. :-) That embossing paste was the perfect choice for the sketch. Wonderful card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!