A Vintage Monday

The challenge at Merry Monday this week is to create
a vintage style Christmas card. I found this challenge to be
more difficult than I thought it would be. I used to do vintage all
the time but lately it seems I mostly do CAS. I've had this
challenge on my mind all week and finally got a chance this
morning to play along.


I love the weekly challenges at Merry Monday. They're
ALWAYS inspiring. I really love the ones that take me out of my 
comfort zone - this one did just that. It was fun to go back and
play with the vintage style again.



supplies:
all from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: very vanilla, crumb cake, naturals ivory
dsp: this and that epic day
stamp sets: Winter Post, Christmas Messages
ink: walnut stain (Tim Holtz)
big shot: fun frames EF, delicate designs EF, chalk talk framelits
embellishments: linen thread, very vanilla seam binding, very vintage buttons,
      falling snow stencil (simon says stamp)


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!

Comments

Kristie Goulet said…
You rocked the vintage style, Susan! Always LOVE seeing your cards in the Merry Monday gallery! Hugs!
Linda said…
Beautiful vintage card. You'd never know it is out of your comfort zone.
Irene said…
The stenciled snow just completes the lovely card!
Bonnie said…
You hadn't forgotten how to do fantastic vintage, Susan! This is gorgeous! The stamp is perfect for vintage and all your decorative elements add elegance! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!
Bananastamper said…
Stunning! I LOVE this!!! I just love everything about it - fabulous texture and detail.
Susan Joyce said…
Pretty Christmas card, I like all your beautiful design elements. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.