Thank You!!

First, I want to say Thank you! 
This morning I saw that a card I made for Sketch Saturday was 
chosen as one of the top 3 and this card was chosen 
at Try Stampin' on Tuesday as one of their top 3. 
I've been in such a creative slump this past week that seeing
this news this morning put a big smile on my face!
Thank you!!!

Second, I spent last Friday in the city with my daughter and 
discovered a gem of a craft store! 
I can't believe it's been there 11 years and I had NO IDEA!!
I felt like a kid in a candy store - I came home with all kinds
of goodies eager to play but I had to give my leg a day of
rest first. Which turned into a bunch of days :(

I only used one thing from my shopping spree on this card.
I found some Neenah solar white card stock!! I've been seeing it 
used everywhere and when I saw it I actually did a little scream. 
My daughter thinks I'm nuts but she humored me. 
I completely understand now why everyone uses it. 
I love it!!



Sticking with my goal of using more DSP on my cards I decided
to paper piece the present. It definitely required some 'fussy-cutting'
but I really like how it turned out. After coloring the ribbon I used my
wink of stella glitter pen on it to give it some sparkle and added a few
sequins to finish it off.

Now to make some more cards with the rest of my new toys!


supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: crumb cake, solar white (neenah)
dsp: fresh prints
stamp set: cake & wishes (Penny Black), birthday wish (stampendous)
blendabilities: cherry cobbler, bermuda bay, crumb cake
ink: memento black
embellishments: sequins (dollar store), wink of stella glitter pen


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!

Comments

Karen Dunbrook said…
super cute..sure made me smile...