Happy Mail

I was thrilled when I picked up my mail yesterday to see that the 
embossing paste I'd ordered had arrived! I love happy mail!!
I've never used embossing paste before and I'd been waiting eagerly to play with it
I just have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! 
The texture that it gives a card is simply fantastic!!! And the fact that you can make 
it any color you want - well that just makes me smile!



I used two or three drops of crumb cake ink and mixed into a little bit
of the paste. I used the Tim Holtz burlap stencil and a regular butter knife to
spread on the paste. When I pulled off the stencil I think I literally squealed 
with delight. 
 After it dried, I decided to just layer things on, and make it a birthday card
since I seem to be needing those lately. I know I have a punch that would punch
those flowers out beautifully but I cut them out this time as I wanted very little of
the white showing on the edge. 
Looking at it now I have another idea  :)

supplies
card stock: whisper white, crumb cake, pear pizzazz
stamp set: flower shop, something to celebrate
ink: pool party, calypso coral, crumb cake
stencil: burlap stencil (Tim Holtz)
punch: bird builder
embellishments: white embossing paste (Dreamweaver).
   white baker's twine, center of flowers from dollar store

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



Comments

Lisa said…
"Happy mail" is the best. That embossing paste is awesome. Your card turned out fabulous.
Hugs,
Lisa
Shona Chambers said…
I LOVE getting in the mail and finding my craft orders, just like Xmas!! I've never used embossing paste but I might just have too. This card is fantastic and love the colours you chose. Bet you will spend all weekend playing around with your new purchase!!