Thursday, July 31, 2014

Happy Mail

I was thrilled when I picked up my mail yesterday to see that the 
embossing paste I'd ordered had arrived! I love happy mail!!
I've never used embossing paste before and I'd been waiting eagerly to play with it
I just have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! 
The texture that it gives a card is simply fantastic!!! And the fact that you can make 
it any color you want - well that just makes me smile!



I used two or three drops of crumb cake ink and mixed into a little bit
of the paste. I used the Tim Holtz burlap stencil and a regular butter knife to
spread on the paste. When I pulled off the stencil I think I literally squealed 
with delight. 
 After it dried, I decided to just layer things on, and make it a birthday card
since I seem to be needing those lately. I know I have a punch that would punch
those flowers out beautifully but I cut them out this time as I wanted very little of
the white showing on the edge. 
Looking at it now I have another idea  :)

supplies
card stock: whisper white, crumb cake, pear pizzazz
stamp set: flower shop, something to celebrate
ink: pool party, calypso coral, crumb cake
stencil: burlap stencil (Tim Holtz)
punch: bird builder
embellishments: white embossing paste (Dreamweaver).
   white baker's twine, center of flowers from dollar store

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



2 comments:

  1. "Happy mail" is the best. That embossing paste is awesome. Your card turned out fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE getting in the mail and finding my craft orders, just like Xmas!! I've never used embossing paste but I might just have too. This card is fantastic and love the colours you chose. Bet you will spend all weekend playing around with your new purchase!!

    ReplyDelete