Thursday, May 22, 2014

Merry Monday Challenge #109

My card today is for another fantastic challenge over at 
This week the challenge is to use a flower(s) on your Christmas project.
These challenges have been so much fun to do and the added bonus is
that I have a big jump start on all my Christmas cards. YAY!


I had all kinds of ideas for this challenge but in the end I decided to keep 
it simple and do a OLC. I pulled out an oldie but a goodie - the Bells & Boughs 
stamp set and paired it with last years Christmas Messages - both are from 
Stampin' Up.


I was originally going to use whisper white but I didn't have my glasses
on and I grabbed very vanilla by mistake.
After I stamped the flower image I decided to emboss the greeting in early
espresso. There were a couple of smudges so I cut it down and 
decided that I would use early espresso for the card base and as a 
layering piece.
So much for the OLC - but I was liking how this was turning out. 
I did feel it was needing something so I stamped the image again, cut out the
flowers and added them with dimensionals.
OK - now I'm done!


It surprises me some days how I can start a card with one idea and end up
with something else.

supplies:
card stock: very vanilla, early espresso
stamp sets: bells & boughs, Christmas messages
ink: cherry cobbler, always artichoke, early espresso
        versarmark
embossing powder: early espresso


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!





8 comments:

  1. I LOVE how your card turned out, Susan. It would have been beautiful as a OLC but I just love this. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautifully, Susan! I've grabbed the vanilla instead of white more than once. I blame it on the light. Can't be my eyes!? Love the sentiment and the Early Espresso was a perfect choice! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the popped up poinsettias - it adds a whole new dimension to this fab card. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great stamp, I think it works really well. Happy accidents are often the best designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely .... really CAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Susan, I love the 3d Flowers and the lovely clean design. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete