Simple...Stepped Up


Yesterday I posted this super simple one layer card. I also mentioned
that I thought this could be made into something more.


I played with it today and here it is. I used the same stamp sets and the
same colors of ink.


 I put a layer of midnight muse between two layers of whisper white. It's a little 
hard to see in the photo but I used the Needlepoint Border EF on the bottom 
edge of the midnight muse layer. I stamped the greeting on a scrap piece of 
whisper white & layered it on midnight muse & popped it up on dimensionals. 
I didn't have any coordinating ribbon so I dragged some whisper white baker's twine 
across the gumball green ink pad and tied it around the greeting. I had a 'pink' and
'green' brad that matched the ink nicely but I didn't have a blue one so I used
one that was close in color and touched it up with the midnight muse ink pad.
I rounded the corners on the top edges of all the layers.


Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this one. There's things that I really
like about this card but overall, I'm just not feeling it. I think it's the rounded
corners. They don't fit with all the straight edges.

What do you think? 
Should I have rounded the corners or not?


supplies:
card stock: whisper white, midnight muse
stamp sets: gorgeous grunge, a dozen thoughts
ink: raspberry ripple, midnight muse, gumball green
big shot: needlepoint EF
punch: corner rounder
embellishments: baker's twine, brads

Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!










Comments