Merry Monday #97

week is to use silver, white and aqua.
I have two cards for this weeks challenge.


I got the Joyful Christmas stamp set with the intention of
making many, many cards with it. I actually only made one so I 
thought I would pull it out for this challenge. 
It is such a pretty set.

The second card I made with a sketch challenge in mind.

Maureen created a sketch for all of us over at StampNation
This card uses a little trick that I learned from Kristie - a very
talented lady. The embossed silver strips were made by using
sticky strip. Just lay the strips across the card stock, add your
embossing powder and then set it with your heat gun. It makes
for perfect stripes every time. Thanks Kristie :)

supplies:
1st card
card stock: whisper white, marina mist, vellum
stamp set: joyful christmas
ink: versamark, marina mist
embossing powder: silver, white
embellishments: rhinestones

2nd card
card stock: whisper white
stamp set: merry merry (recollections), warmth & wonder
ink: marina mist, versamark
silver embossing powder
sticky strip

Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!

Comments

Kristie Goulet said…
AWWW! Thank you Susan for the shout out! I LOVE both of your cards. The poinsettia is so stunning in these colors and the silver embossed stripes are perfect!!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments, you are quite talented too, Sistah! ♥
Lee-Anne said…
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Susan! These are gorgeous...I'm partial to poinsettias...that card is fabulous!
Katie Melhus said…
Two gorgeous cards, and I need to try that awesome stripe technique! Thanks for the inspiration:) Your poinsettia is too pretty made out of vellum. Love it! So glad you're playing along this week at Merry Monday!
Deborah Frings said…
Both cards are just fab! I love the poinsettia with the soft vellum petals. The very fresh, clean, simple look of the second card is just great!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Ladies :) You are all so sweet!!
LeAnne said…
Both of these are just darling....I did not know you could emboss with sticky strip under the EP! Great idea! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Merry Monday challenge!
Oh my goodness that poinsettia is just gorgeous! Beautiful Christmas card.
Bonnie said…
What a beautiful poinsettia, Susan! And I LOVE those perfect silver strips! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!
Shelia said…
Both cards are very pretty! I absolutely love that poinsettia!!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you :) You ladies sure know how to make someone feel good :)
JoAnn said…
Gorgeous card. I love the poinsetia embossed on velum, so delicate looking..
Notes by Nina said…
Stunning card Susan, your poinsettia is beautiful. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.
Lori Turner said…
Love your cards - that poinsettia is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo