Ghost Stamping

I saw this technique done recently on StampNation.
Ghost stamping, I think it may also be known as
shadow stamping, is pretty simple. All you need
is some white ink, another color ink of your  choosing
and a stamp set.


Stamp your image and/or greeting in white. Then stamp
again with another color, but not directly over top. I used a 
stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure the image was slightly off.


This was a fun technique to play with. I started with something
quite simple but I can imagine so many more possibilities. 

supplies:
1st card
card stock: soft suede, whisper white, crumb cake
stamp sets: make a wish, summer silhouettes
ink: whisper white, soft suede
embellishments: basic pearls

2nd card
card stock: whisper white, marina mist, crumb cake
stamp set: sketched birthday
ink: whisper white, marina mist, real red, elegant eggplant,
        rich razzleberry, calypso coral
background was embossed with a cuttlebug EF


Happy Stampin'

Comments

Kristie Goulet said…
Both are great, Susan! Love the colorful balloons. :) This is a very fun technique!
Mrs A. said…
This is a technique on my very long list of ones to try. I love the first card very much. Hugs Mrs A.
Susan Powell said…
thank you both :) the first one's my fav too :)