BIrthday Wishes

I mentioned in yesterday's post that StampNation is 
celebrating it's 3rd birthday. One of the great thing's about it 
is that we'll be celebrating all week long with different challenges.

Today's challenge was to make a card using 3 of something.
The design team shared some beautiful cards that inspired
me instantly. An idea came to me right away and I
made this card in about 15 minutes. You know when you
make a card and everything you try works? This was 
one of those cards.


I used 3 colours, 3 washi tapes all showing different patterns,
3 stars, 3 pearls and I made 3 passes through the big shot.

For the tag I cut a 2" wide strip of paper and added the washi
tape, repeating the pattern 3 times. I cut off any card stock
that was not covered and put one end in the 
scalloped tag topper punch and voila - an original tag.

I stamped the greeting on whisper white card stock and
then ran it through the big shot using the deco labels framelits.
There isn't one the size you see on the card so after the first 
pass through I repositioned the framelit to frame the greeting
and ran it through a second time.
Using the magnetic platform with the Big Shot made this 
much easier to do. Hopefully the pictures below show each step clearly.

first pass through the big shot

this is what it looks like after the first pass

reposition the framelit so it frames the greeting

run it through the big shot a second time and
this is the end result

For the black piece underneath the greeting I used the 
banners framelits dies I cut the straight edge to match the
notched edge and then placed it under the greeting.

To make the pearls pink, I colored them with a sharpie.

recipe:
all products Stampin' Up unless otherwise stated
card stock: whisper white 100730, basic black 121045
washi tape: angled stripe - part of epic day this & that designer washi tape set 131269
the other washi tape - I don't remember
stamp sets: perfect pennants 133230 clear, 133227 wood
bring on the cake 121958 clear, 128490 wood
scalloped tag topper punch 133324
big shot: deco labels framelits 130102, banners framelits dies 132173
basic pearls 119247
ribbon - 3/8" primrose petals stitched satin 126844

Comments